Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am pleased to report that...

Carter has grown a whole inch! He is now 35 1/2 inches tall..Just a month or so ago he was still 34 1/2 inches. It is truly an awesome thing! I am going to believe that he is going to keep on growing and that Growth Hormone Treatments wont be in the picture!
I have noticed that Carter has been much more thirsty lately, and I think that being thirsty and growing must go hand in hand for Carter.
Also, I should mention that we go to Omaha January 15 to see the neurosurgeon and the opthoneurologist. Cody is going with me. :)
Carter has been saying really random things lately too...which leads me to believe that his brain is working really hard..He said "Dr. Hellbusch" outta no-where...Hes said "I wanna stick Camden in the water", "I want daddy come home in the tractor!", lots and lots of sentences have been coming out of Carters mouth..and that is a goal for the next year with his SLP! YAY!, hes meeting that goal early! His manners have been improving too, He says: Please, more Please, Help You!, Bless You..We are working on Thank you.. :)
We had a wonderful Christmas, despite the blizzard conditions that kept us immobile! It was well spent though. Sunday we finally had Christmas with my family and had a wonderful time!
Will post more as it comes available!
Have a great New Years! Talk to you in 2010~ Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment