Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What exactly is going on...?

Carter's appointment is less than 2 days away, thank the Lord...I don't want to take him, but know we need to take him. We dont know what exactly is going on...wish we did. All we know is things are not right with Carter..His symptoms have gotten progressively worse the last few weeks...I cant even count the number of times he does his 'noises' lately and on top of that he has been experiencing: nauseasness, vomiting at the sight of spit up, camden eating, drool, etc. (which he never did before his last surgery).., dizziness (falling more frequently than before surgery), and the list goes on. I can't wait to give this child some relief of some kind and hope and pray we get answers on friday.
Although he has periods of "normalness", he has much eye fluttering and rolling..to the point of bringing me to tears..I told Cody that we will not be coming home from Omaha without answers..something needs to be done to help ouc Carter. Whether it be simply adjusting his shunt (which they would keep him for a period of 6 hrs, or overnight), or another surgery (because perhaps the catheter that they put in is too long; it is the longest one hes had so far)...we WILL get answers.
I hope and pray Dr. Hellbusch takes us seriously and listens to us..last visit he was so quick to call Carters irritation seizures, which they are not...Pray for an open mind for the neurosurgeon and also for wisdom.
I will update after we know more following friday.

4 comments:

  1. Love you all! We will continue to pray for Carters well being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a precious child, totally blessed by God to have you two as parents. Trust God and continue to be your child's advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm praying! Oh and that Mark ab one is my Mom...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amber, I was wondering and that was who I was thinking!

    ReplyDelete