Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bring the Rain

Bring me Joy, Bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings You glory, and I know there will be days when this life brings me pain, but if thats what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain.-Mercy Me

These past few days have been kinda hard on me. It reminds me of the ups and downs we had when Carter was in the NICU. It is just so HARD to watch my son go through whatever it is he is going through..I dont even know. His neurosurgeon suspects seizures, but only God knows what it is that Carter is experiencing. I as a mom just want to get this figured out and move on. I don't want to stay where we are at, helpless. There is no worse feeling.
I hope that I am somehow still a light to Carter..that I can give him joy still and that I dont focus on his 'episodes'. This is day #4 of 15+ 'episodes' or whatever you want to call them. What happens is Carter will make a little pain 'cry'..that is what we have always called them..But then the Dr. said why would he have pain and then be okay right after? Hmmm...thought to ponder. The last day or so (and this could be totally un-related) Carter has been saying "Owey" (sp)..and referencing to his fingers and just a little bit ago, his feet...I dont know what that means..? We are still to wait until next friday, the 18th. If things get worse you can guarantee that I will be finding a way to get him in sooner.
Thats all I have for now. Please keep the prayers for Carter coming..we GREATLY appreciate them.
God Bless, Jess

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm praying, and I know there is really not a lot more I can say. Muah!
    Nikberson :)

    ReplyDelete