Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why...

Why are some days the exact same as the day before but I am not? I mean how come I felt strong yesterday and so weak today? I am having a day where it is SO HARD to watch Carter flutter and roll his eyes...Its SO HARD to see his eyes fill up when this happens...Its SO HARD to see him fall down because he is so unsteady. Its SO HARD to feel so helpless. I am praying that this medicine will work, but is it? We started the 7.5 ml dose this morning, which is what his normal dose is supposed to be. We have to sort of 'build' it up in his system. Cody and I question what it is doing for him, if anything. Its not easy to get him to take the med to begin with..and if its doing nothing for him, almost feel like giving up. Of course we can't...cause maybe we just need more time!?
I sit here today with my two boys and think about this world we live in. How hard it can be sometimes and pray that they will find joy and happiness in every day. I pray that Carter wont get made fun of, and I pray that he will surpass everyones expectations. I know all things are possible. Right now I just want to get over this hump of 'brain disturbance.' I hope it will go away. I need to get out, to do something, cause today is eating me up!
Tears, Jess

2 comments:

  1. Jess- when I was prescribed an anti-seizure med (for migraines....) they said it would take 6-8 weeks to truly take affect. As long as he isn't having any bad side effects, keep with it. You'd hate to give up on it too early when it could be part of the solution. You know God is testing you, just stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Babe,

    Muah, that is all I can really do besides pray and you know I'm doing that. Love you!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete