Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Monday, February 22, 2010

The point...

If I have not said so yet, the point of this blog is to bring more awareness to what my family faces every day. More so, what Carter faces..but when we are all here, we face this hand in hand together. The point of this blog, if I have done a good job, is to make people more compassionate for 'others'. To not think of themselves on a higher level than others, to love others as Christ loved and loves us. There are days when I am more compassionate with Carter than others. Days where I show more patience with him and love..and I pray that I can always have this feeling in my heart. So what just happened to make blog right now? Anytime I blog its because something happens that stirs my heart. Today has been a pretty normal day at my house...Carter has been having a fairly good day...Thank the Lord...but out of no where...He screamed. PAIN. He had a really loud pain cry...I havent heard his pain cry for a while and so it definitely caught me off guard and made me feel sad. Although this new medicine is helping, its not 100%. But I do know its benefitting my Carter. Please keep Carter in your prayers...He is still on an obstacle course..one that I wish I knew the way out of, but dont..One that only God can lead him to the end of. Wow, do I love my two boys.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you Jess! God is using you as such a beautiful example to all of us. You are just the person God made for Carter - isn't that humbling and reassuring at the same time? Bless you!

    ReplyDelete