Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Monday, April 5, 2010

Its been awhile...since I have blogged!

Hello everyone...It seems like forever since I have updated my blog. I think that both good and bad things have happened since the last post...Lets start with the good. Carter has grown!
We went to Carter's Pediatric Endocrinologist back in february...from August 2009 to February 2010, Carter grew a whole inch! It was so exciting because that meant that growth hormone treatments were not going to happen (atleast now they aren't), because Carter was growing finally after a year of hardly any growth. Carter was between the 3 and 4 percentile in August and climbed up a little bit when checked in February...Carter is now 37 inches!! I measured the little guy again this morning and Carter has literally grown another inch and a half since the beginning of February! YAY! That puts him at the 16th percentile- which is definitely a step in the right direction. With Cody being 6'5'' I just didnt believe that Carter was/is going to be short. :) Maybe not as tall as Daddy but definitely taller than me (5'5"). Some of you may wonder, "Well why worry about this?"...well because the pituitary gland which controls growth is near where he has his fluid on the brain..so yes, there is some cause for concern! Now I am just praying for his feet to grow for more stability for walking, they are still smaller than the average 3 yr old.
The bad: Let me first tell you that I am happy to report that there has been more good than bad, but some bad has come our way..Its the pain that Carter experiences and has to deal with. No, this is nothing new. But, its been a little different lately. Yesterday, Easter day, Carter kinda screamed out of no where and covered his eyes with his arms...he had a headache..It was very evident. Poor little guy. We gave him tylenol, but he went on like this for a while, clenching onto his Daddy. Usually the pain he experiences is gone just as quick as it lasted, but that was not the case for him yesterday.. Please pray for Carter, he was so worked up and in so much pain that he wouldnt even tell me what was hurting..there have been times in the past where he would point to where it hurt.
CAMDEN~
Camden is getting around...He has been crawling like a little professional, pulling up to anything and everything and cruising occasionally. I have even caught him standing in the middle of the room..he let go after pulling up. Its really cute to watch. He definitely is getting more attitude and personality now also. Carter and Camden are playing together much better too lately, although I still have to keep an eye on Carter so he doesnt push Camden. Guess what Camden did the other day..Yep, you guessed it. HE pushed Carter! Ornery boys I tell ya!
Next Monday is a trip to Omaha for Carter. Please for a good check up with his neurosurgeon.
Thanks for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment