Carter's Story

My photo
This blog is a look into the life of our nearly six year old little boy, Carter. When I was just six months pregnant, an ultrasound detected that Carter's brain was missing its corpus callosum and he also had hydrocephalus. Doctors even told us that our little boy may not walk, talk, etc... but abortion was never a choice for us because we firmly believe that God does not make junk. We look at Carter now and praise God for the miracle he is! Carter loves to play, and he CAN walk and talk! Carter is continually proving himself to us, to our families and to his teachers. I have been priveleged to be able to stay home with Carter, Camden and Elliana since November of 2006 when Carter was born. I am so thankful I am here to hold his hand and face his challenges right along side of him. A mother's love only grows, this I know. Some days may be challenging but always worth it at the end of the day.

Carter

Carter
Born November 20, 2006

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What to say?

We are home today for the second day in a row..kind of nice..and its beautiful outside! We have no ac running and its about 68 degrees! Carter and Camden had a nice nap...Camden is a growing boy and has been napping more lately...I measured him monday and he is 25 3/4 inches! This puts him at 97% on the charts for height (weight is also at 97% based on 16.5 pds)...What a bigga boy!
Carters weight is up to that point also but the concerning part is that Carters height is only between the 3-4% mark...The thyroid condition is being further investigated by his new wonderful doctor but also checking all the growth hormone 'stuff' in his blood...I am hoping to hear back with news sooner than later...Its been nearly a week and they told me a week and a half! I dislike having to be patient! (Patience is sometimes where I lack!)
Not too much has happened since I last blogged...But I did want to share that Carter showed off some for his PT! Yay Carter! He did some walking for Barb...She kept having him do walking exercises...sometimes he gets in a hurry...but he did great today! Also did some in place marching (like a soldier) for her...I got a call from Dickinson County DHS---Carter has been accepted for the Ill and Handicapped Waiver...after reading some about this online, I have mixed emotions...It actually makes me feel sad because Carter is not MR...I like the waiver for the fact that it has automatic Medicaid..I HATE the waiver for the fact that I feel like my son is smarter and is going to overcome this 'disabled' status...You know, I would rather have a son running around and bills to pay than financial assistance and Carter not walking...I hope and pray I can find some peace on this.
In a mothers eyes (mine), Carter is BLESSED, HAPPY, COMEDIC, DETERMINED, INDEPENDENT, etc! My prayer is that this next year he could be filled with so much more knowledge to prepare him for preschool one year from now. ..I might check into him starting January 2011 instead of Fall 2010..if its possible...that way he will be 4...? Like I said, if its possible.
Will blog more when I hear the blood results from his pediatric endocrinologist...Maybe still this week!?
Thanks! Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment